Monday, June 30, 2008

IUD - OUT

Well Friday June 27, 2008 Joe and I went to my OBGYN and had my IUD removed! WOOHOO We are so excited and ready to get this show on the road. I talked to my OB about everything, and some supplements Joe and I are taking and stuff that are suppose to help sway your odds into having a girl. We will be happy with whatever gender baby we have, but hey it doesn't hurt to sway!!!!

My OB gave me my prenatal vitamins and also talked to us about this new procedure, taking steroid shots every week after 15 weeks of pregnancy. It has been shown to help decrease the chance of having a preterm baby. And since both boys were born preemies, she wants me to go ahead and do my own research and then when I come in for my first prenatal visit she will have us talk to the high risk OBGYN in the practice. I am not sure if we want to go that route since it is still really new, but I am continuing to research it!

Having the IUD removed was EASY as pie compared to having it put in! It did not hurt at all and I had little to no discomfort after. It did though send me into ANOTHER period, well at least I had a 72 hour break in between periods..lol

Well I will keep you all posted on the whole try to conceive thing. We are planning on waiting one cycle before actively trying, and also my OB said it can take up to 6 months after an IUD removal to get pregnant, I hope it doesn't take that long!!!!

No comments: