Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baby Update

Well I had my prenatal visit today. My OB ended up changing my due date from May 10, 2009 to May 18, 2009. She did this based on the ultrasound report from our last ultrasound. I'm fine with that, as long as baby bakes happily!

Speaking of baking my doctor also told me she wanted me to go on progesterone shots starting at 16 weeks to try and prevent a preterm birth with this baby. She feels if we do not do the shots this baby will come earlier than Nicholas did. I do not want another NICU baby and so I will do the shots. Joe gets to have fun, he gets to give them to me every week.lol She said the fact my water broke out of the blue so early with Justin's pregnancy concerned her more than the fact I actually went into labor with Nicks. If I go into labor before 36 weeks shes hoping she can stop it, but these shots have shown to really help not letting my body go into labor. And we all know how my body hates to be pregnant!

Well that's about it. They drew some blood and gave us the information on the testing and shots. I go back in 4 weeks right before Thanksgiving to talk and learn how to give myself (or Joe give me) the shots, fun!

No comments: