Friday, September 25, 2009

I Miss It...

I got a letter the other day from a guy who adopted our very first set of fosters (boxer pups Amos & Amanda). Before having Emily we rescued and fostered doggies for a local animal shelter. I was a local "puller" for Rutherford county. Which means I would often get a call at 3pm to go "pull" a doggy from Rutherford County Animal Control (PAWS), more often or so this dog would be on the books to be put to sleep at 6pm... I LOVE and Miss walking in grabbing that sweet doggy with its look of fear and save me in its eyes, load it up and take it home.. For about 2 years we had 1 or 2 fosters at any given time in our home. Here are some pics I wanted to share =)...

Amos & Amanda (Our first fosters on their first day)

Amos & Amanda a Pic from new adopted Dad

Honey the Day she came to our home

Honey in her Forever Home

Hannah - The day I pulled her myself from Fort Campbell Army Base


The Day Hannah Was Adopted


Little Cocoa (whom I had to shave b/c of the fleas that were eating her alive)


Bugs - He was eventually reunited with his owner - I pulled him from PAWS 45 minutes before his scheduled euthanasia time

Zena - She now lives with 2 cocker spaniels and a dalmatian =)


1 comment:

The Meguiar Family said...

That is so awesome that you were doing that!