Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Year Ago Tonight - 38 Weeks

I typed this post a year ago tonight! Little did I know I was in active labor and would be at the hospital by Midnight and that Miss Emily would be here around dawn!! Its bittersweet to look back and read it now....


38 Weeks (I took this today)

So just wanted to update everyone on how things are going. Its Tuesday May 5th - HAPPY CINCO DE-MAYO!!! I had my 38 week appointment today and it went great! I went in at 9:30am and talked to my doctor about all my fears and things that had been going on cramping wise and stuff! She checked me and I was a "loose" 3cm and still around 60-70% effaced. She then proceeded to sweep my membranes, basically she slightly seperated that amniotic sac from the cervix, lovely sounding huh!

Then she sent me upstairs for a bio-physical ultrasound to check up on Miss Emily! Little chubby cheeks looked so cute on screen. She passed her ultrasound and was said to be weighing in at around 7.3ish pounds!

Then Nick and I came home and decided to walk around the block. By the time I got home I has hungry and hurting. I started having major cramps, but they soon slacked off. So now we sit and wait. We just got home from dinner, we went and ate Casa Fiesta with my mom. Ive been having some slight contractions. They are regular (about every 5-8 minutes) but they are not lasting long! I guess we will see what the night holds!

No comments: