Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Those Times You Look Back

I have times like Im sure alot of people do were you bust out the photo books and baby books or even a home video or two and you look back. Sometimes you laugh and alot of times I cry. Good tears remembering moments in my life that changed me!!!

Like Ill never forget that first day sitting in my cousin Brandons house when Joe walks through the door, that split second my eyes shifted torward him and little did I know (except that he was HOTT) that he was my forever!!
Ill never forget that moment laying on the couch leaned back against Joes chest rubbing my belly as Justin kicked and kicked. How we both were amazed by something so amazing!!

Ill never forget walking through the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit doors and looking over into the bassinet with a baby so tiny, so fragile, with all these tubes and wires on him and thinking he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and how I would never let a moment go by and not let him know how special he is!!


Ill never forget the moment the ER doctor came in and told Joe and I they were sorry but we were loosing the pregnancy and then 7 months later the cry I heard as they laid our daughter on my chest and said shes PERFECT!!

I heard a song recently (The Breath You Take - by George Strait) and to me the lyrics say it all!!

"Life’s not the breaths you take
The breathing in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain’t what it’s all about
Ya just might miss the point
If ya don’t slow down the pace
Life’s not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away"

No comments: